Friday, February 4, 2011

Fisheye

A couple weeks ago, my friends and I went on an adventure to become amateur photographers. Armed with a Fisheye camera and two rolls of 35mm film, we ran around the university campus and captured every random moment that came through. Here are some of my favorite frames (along with some unnecessary commentary):

Hallo

Everything about the composition seems surreal

You can't go wrong with a few great friends and some snacks

Blurred but still nice

Well, I think this is kinda cool
At first, I was somewhat hesitant on showing photos of my friends because I wasn't sure how they would feel about being on a public blog. But what could they do, sue me?

Speaking of legal charges, I once read an article about how a Texas senator filed a lawsuit against God. Apparently, the only reason this case couldn’t go through was because the court could not obtain an physical address for God. Life certainly gets more interesting with each newspaper clip.

…And back to what I was talking about…

I’ll definitely be posting more photographs soon! In the meantime, let me know about your photography interests!

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love taking photographs. My camera is pretty average spec though for a digital these days so most of my photos are just normal, but I occasionally have a spark of genius and manage to take some absolutely cracking photos (though I don't know how I do it...!)

    I'd love to get into photography properly, I wouldn't say I have a photographers eye, maybe just half an eye :D

    I really like your photos, I've always loved the idea of capturing ordinary moments, ironically they look so much more artistic than staged ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like these!!! I know nothing about photography, but I respect you photographers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome. My six-year-old was looking over my shoulder at your pictures and was fascinated. She wants to know how to do that. Congrats at capturing the short attention span of a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE IT!!
    Can't wait to develop the second film!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for all the comments! i like capturing things that are "in the act" and i agree, those can ironically be the best photos! and laura, i'm glad your daughter likes the pictures!

    megu, let's develop that roll soon!

    ReplyDelete